Jules Romain was born in Saint-Julien-Chapteuil in the Haute-Loire but went to Paris to attend first the lycée Condorcet and then the prestigious École normale supérieure. He was close to the Abbaye de Créteil, a utopian group founded in 1906 by Charles Vildrac and René Arcos, which brought together, among others, the writer Georges Duhamel, the painter Albert Gleizes and the musician Albert Doyen. He received his agrégation in philosophy in 1909.
In 1927, he signed a petition (that appeared in the magazine Europe on April 15) against the law on the general organization of the nation in time of war, abrogating all intellectual independence and all freedom of expression. His name on the petition appeared with those of Lucien Descaves, Louis Guilloux, Henry Poulaille, Séverine... and those of the young Raymond Aron and Jean-Paul Sartre from the École normale supérieure.
During World War II he went into exile first to the United States where he spoke on the radio through the Voice of America and then, beginning in 1941, to Mexico where he participated with other French refugees in founding the Institut Français d'Amérique Latine (IFAL).
A writer on many varied topics, Jules Romain was elected to the Académie Française in 1946, occupying chair 12 (among the 40 chairs in that august academy). In 1964, Jules Romains was named citizen of honor of Saint-Avertin. Following his death in Paris in 1972, his place, chair 12, in the Académie Française was taken by Jean d'Ormesson.
Jules Romains is remembered today, among other things, for his concept of Unanimism and his cycle of 27 novels in Les Hommes de bonne volonté (The Men of Good Will), a remarkable literary fresco depicting the odyssey over a quarter century of two friends, the writer Jallez and politician Jerphanion, who provide an example in literature of Unanimism.
Tags: download, jules romains, ebook, pdf, les dossiers préparatoires des "hommes de bonne volonté"
- Les Dossiers Préparatoires Des "Hommes De Bonne Volonté" (Jules Romains)
- Three Tales from The Arabian Nights ("Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves," "Judar and His Brothers" and "Ma'rus the Cobbler") (Jules Romains)
- "The Road Through the Wall", "Hangsaman" and "The Bird's Nest" (Jules Romains)
- Vergleichende Interpretation der Werke "Lösung" von Karin Kiwus und "Erster Verlust" von J. W. v. Goethe (Jules Romains)
- "Madame Butterfly" by John Luther Long and "A Japanese Nightingale" by Onoto Watanna (Jules Romains)
- 2 BOOK BUNDLE "How to Knit Socks" and "Beginners Handbook of Knitting Stitches" (Jules Romains)
- Paule Marshall Reading From "Brown Girl, Brownstones" and "Praisesong for the Widow" (Jules Romains)
- Major Orchestral Works in Full Score ("Scottish"); and Symphony No. 4 in A ("Italian") (Jules Romains)
- Dr. Bruno Bettelheim Reads "the Struggle for Meaning" and "Hansel and Gretel" from the Uses of Enchantment (Jules Romains)
- El Pais de "El Ahuizote." la Caricatura Mexicana de Oposicoin Durante el Gobierno de Sebastian Lerdo de Tajada (1872-1876) Rafael "El Fisgon" Barajas (Jules Romains)
- Christmas Stories from "Household Words" and "All the Year Round" (Jules Romains)
- Zwischen "Haus" Und "Staat" - Antike Hofe Im Vergleich (Jules Romains)
- "Breaking Karma 5" and "humpty dumpty heart" (Jules Romains)
- "Aku Kesepian, Sayang." "Datanglah, Menjelang Kematian." (Jules Romains)
- Virtual Literary Voyager - "American Indian Stories" including "School Days of an Indian Girl" (Jules Romains)
- Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Interview to Editor "Egyptian Gazette" and "Egyptian Mail" (Jules Romains)
- Episodes from "Life Among the Indians" and "Last Rambles" (Jules Romains)
- "If I Must Die..." From "Postmaster" to "Aquatint" (Jules Romains)
- 2 BOOK BUNDLE "How to Knit Scarves" and "How to Knit Socks" (Jules Romains)
- Pays rêvé, pays réel, suivi de "Fastes" et de "Les Grands Chaos" (Jules Romains)
- Die "A"gypter" Und Die "Chaldaer" (Jules Romains)
- 7 novels & 12 Short Stories (Including the complete "Other Worlds" series) (Including the complete "Other Worlds" series) (Timeless Wisdom Collection Book 3350) (Jules Romains)
- On Aristotle's "Physics 5 8," with on Aristotle's "On the Void" (Jules Romains)
- York Notes on Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Selected Poems" (Jules Romains)
- Guitar Connoisseur - The "Les Paul" Reboot Issue - Summer 2013 (Jules Romains)
- Time-Crunch Quilts "Print on Demand Edition" [With CDROM] (Jules Romains)
- A Translation of Weininger's Über die Letzten Dinge, 1904-1907 "On Last Things" (Jules Romains)
- Produktive Rezeption von William Shakespeares "The Tempest" in englischsprachiger Erzählliteratur (Jules Romains)
- Kebahagiaan Yang Membebaskan " Menghidupkan Lentera di dalam Diri" (Jules Romains)
- Voted "Most Creative" - Perspectives on Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness (Jules Romains)
Download from partner sites
|les_dossiers_pr233paratoires_des_quothommes.pdf||2.2 Mb||Download PDF|
|les_dossiers_pr233paratoires_des_quothommes.zip||1.76 Mb||Download ZIP|
|les_dossiers_pr233paratoires_des_quothommes.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|