Linda Hogan is Chickasaw. Her father is a Chickasaw from a recognized historical family and Linda's uncle, Wesley Henderson, helped form the White Buffalo Council in Denver during the 1950s. It was to help other Indian people coming to the city because of The Relocation Act, which encouraged migration for work and other opportunities. He had a strong influence on her and she grew up relating strongly to both her Chickasaw family in Indian Territory (Oklahoma) and to a mixed Indian community in the Denver area. At other times, her family traveled because of the military.
Her first university teaching position was in American Indian Studies and American Studies at the University of Minnesota. After writing her first book, Calling Myself Home, she continued to write poetry. Her work has both a historical and political focus, but is lyrical. Her most recent books are The Book of Medicines (1993) and Rounding the Human Corners. (2008) She is also a novelist and essayist. Her work centers on the world of Native peoples, from both her own indigenous perspective and that of others. She was a full professor of Creative Writing at the University of Colorado and then taught the last two years in the University's Ethnic Studies Department. She currently is the Writer in Residence for her own Chickasaw Nation.
Essayist, novelist, and poet, Hogan has published works in many different backgrounds and forms. Her concentration is on environmental themes. She has acted as a consultant in bringing together Native tribal representatives and feminist themes, particularly allying them to her Native ancestry. Her work, whether fiction or non-fiction, expresses an indigenous understanding of the world.
She has written essays and poems on a variety of subjects, both fictional and nonfictional, biographical and from research. Hogan has also written historical novels. Her work studies the historical wrongs done to Native Americans and the American environment since the European colonization of North America.
Hogan was a professor at the University of Colorado at Boulder and the University of Oklahoma. She is the (inaugural) Writer-in-Residence for the Chickasaw Nation in Oklahoma. In October 2011, she instructed a writing workshop through the Abiquiu Workshops in Abiquiu, New Mexico.
Tags: download, linda hogan, ebook, pdf, calling myself home (g. r. chapbook)
- Calling myself home (G. R. Chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Calling Me Home (Linda Hogan)
- Calling Home (Linda Hogan)
- コーリング [Calling] (Calling Volume #1) (Linda Hogan)
- Isn't This What You Were Looking For? (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- E! Entertainment (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Molting (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Rape Children (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- I Am Richard Simmons (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Numerous Avalanches (GR chapbook ; 40) (Linda Hogan)
- Floodwater (Holiday Chapbook Series #2) (Linda Hogan)
- A Ghost as King of the Rabbits (Chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- So, How Was The War? (Wick Poetry Chapbook Series Four) (Linda Hogan)
- Don't Tell Anyone (the Hollyridge Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- Drive on (the Hollyridge Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- The Book of Flashlights, Clover, & Milk (Chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Black Prometheus (Gothic Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- Black Library Live! 2012 chapbook (Linda Hogan)
- In the Rape Year of the Ghetto Toddler (chapbook) (Linda Hogan)
- Embrace the Mutation Limited Edition Chapbook (Linda Hogan)
- Cicatrix (Parallel Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- Sit Down, Says Love (Argonne Hotel Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- The Memory Palace (Wick Poetry Chapbook Series Two, #3) (Linda Hogan)
- The Head of the Bed (First Godine Poetry Chapbook Series, Number 3) (Linda Hogan)
- The Heart's Pangaea (Wick Poetry Chapbook Series One, #10) (Linda Hogan)
- The Edge of Damage (Parallel Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- Aqua Regia (Parallel Press Chapbook Series) (Linda Hogan)
- The Writer's Chapbook A Compendium of Fact, Opinion, Wit, and Advice from the Twentieth Century's Preeminent Writers (Linda Hogan)
- Calling you (Linda Hogan)
- Calling on God (Linda Hogan)
Download from partner sites
|calling_myself_home_g_r_chapbook.pdf||4.2 Mb||Download PDF|
|calling_myself_home_g_r_chapbook.zip||3.78 Mb||Download ZIP|
|calling_myself_home_g_r_chapbook.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|