Having enjoyed the 1980's movies about Alan Quatermain, with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone, I thought this would be right up my alley. Once I had immersed myself into a few chapter's, I found I was becoming deeply annoyed by words which were not spelled correctly. This had been prevalent throughout the book.
Everyone screws up from time to time, however, if writing is your profession, you should guarantee to your audience that you are proficient in spelling! Perhaps it was who the author chose to publish his work.
Another issue I had with the story was the South African Bantu dialect (spoken by the Zulu tribe) written into it. It was almost too much at times. I commend the author for his knowledge and research. It just didn't work with me.
If it couldn't get any worse, the author continually had the character, Virginia having sex, being raped countless times, and eventually impregnated. I felt as if I was reading sex letters to an adult magazine, as it was really graphic!
I've seen the movie "Sheena", and it had a better story than this! This is the absolute worst book that I have ever read! I am baffled at how I got through it. It had the potential to be something so much better.
Tags: download, michael horbach, ebook, pdf, the lioness
- The Song of the Lioness Quartet (Song of the Lioness, #1-4) (Michael Horbach)
- The Lioness (Michael Horbach)
- A Lioness' Tale (Michael Horbach)
- The Lioness Roared (Michael Horbach)
- Ja-Rael's Lioness (Michael Horbach)
- Alanna (Song of the Lioness, #1) (Michael Horbach)
- The Lonely Lioness and the Ostrich Chicks (Michael Horbach)
- The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness, #3) (Michael Horbach)
Download from partner sites
|the_lioness.pdf||5.5 Mb||Download PDF|
|the_lioness.zip||3.3 Mb||Download ZIP|
|the_lioness.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|