The Chess brothers (Chess/Checker/Cadet record fame) envisioned a station with all-female, on-air personalities at a time when only a handful of women were on the radio.This opportunity not only honed Glim's writing and communication skills but the Chess Brothers established that their was a market for women entering the broadcasting field.Through the years Glim worked in the following markets:WSDM-FM Chicago (Jazz); KMPX-FM San Francisco (Underground); and KIKI-AM Hawaii (Top 40).
That was the "glamorous" side of her resume.One she is grateful to have enjoyed but she was also fascinated by the inner workings of business management and now, remarried and living in the suburbs, wanted to experience corporate life.Glim began as a file clerk with Kelly Services and throughout the years took advantage of every business class Kelly and the local junior colleges offered.16 years later, Glim retired as an on-site manager at Baxter Healthcare's Human Resources (IV Systems) division... still employed through Kelly Services.
The one constant in Glim's life has been writing.As a 40-year veteran of freelance writing with credits to her name for Hallmark cards and one-liners for nationally known comedians, her credentials also include: a weekly column "Day to Day Pomposities and Other Illusions" which appeared in 14 Lakeland Newspapers in northern Illinois for 6 years and received first-place honors as Best Humorous Column on family life by the Northern Illinois Press Association in the 1980s; and a monthly column "Spotlight on Non-Profits" for the Manatee County Chamber of Commerce in Florida.These articles showcased the good works of non-profit organizations in the community and how businesses could help support their efforts.
When Glim decided to write a book, it was intended as a family history (in story form) for her children and grandchildren.It became apparent the story, although personal in nature, shared a universal message for anyone who has profited from the labors and dreams of the immigrant and magnifies the fact that every family has its story.
"I hope after reading BEGOTTEN: With Love you will love my family as much as I do... warts and all.More than that," Glim said, "I hope you will love your family even more!"
Glim and her husband (of 39 years) live in Florida with their rescue dog, a loveable Scottie named Lucy. When not writing, she enjoys travel and photography.She loves music of all kinds and enjoys playing in a hand bell choir.
Tags: download, jo ann v. glim, ebook, pdf, access in action
- Access in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- New Myitlab -- Access Card -- For Go! with Technology in Action, Complete (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Myitlab with Pearson Etext -- Access Card -- For Your Office with Technology in Action, Complete (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Disce! an Introductory Latin Course, Volume 2 Plus Mylatinlab (Multi Semester Access) with Etext -- Access Card Package (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Student Value Edition for Macroeconomics Updated Plus New Myeconlab with Pearson Etext -- Access Card Package (1-Semester Access) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- TBD Devastator in Action (Aircraft in Action, #1097) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Action Learning, Action Research (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Kozier and Erb's Fundamentals of Nursinig + Mynursinglab W/ Etext Access Card + the Neighborhood- 6-Month Access Card + Real Nursing Skills 2.0 Pkg (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Math for Liberal Arts (with Arts Coursemate with eBook Printed Access Card) [With Access Code] (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Access Restricted (Access, #2) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Access All Areas (Access, #1) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- NEW MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText -- Standalone Access Card -- for American Stories (2nd Edition) (Myhistorylab (2nd Edition) (Myhistorylab (Access Codes)) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Psychology in Action, Studying Psychology in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Modern Principles of Microeconomics (Loose Leaf) & Aplia Access Card (Loose Leaf) & Aplia Access Card (1 Semester) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Foundations of Behavioral Neuroscience (paper) Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package (paper) Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition) (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- First Into Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- A is for Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Ali in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Man Of Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- In Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Men of Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Art in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- First Into Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Ant in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Into Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Take Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Art In Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Action! (Jo Ann V. Glim)
- Ext JS in Action (Jo Ann V. Glim)
Download from partner sites
|access_in_action.pdf||5.1 Mb||Download PDF|
|access_in_action.zip||2.55 Mb||Download ZIP|
|access_in_action.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|