Several years later, bored with her then current job, and desperate for a creative opening, Janet asked Allan to write a children's book for her to illustrate. Allan, having always wanted to write but being unable to find his niche, suddenly felt 'as though [he] was a clockwork toy and she had turned the key'. So began the career which would later lead them to become one of Britain's most successful author/illustrator teams, producing ingenious books of the highest quality.
Influenced by comics and cartoons, their perfect partnership went on to produce masterpieces including PEEPO!, which reflected Allan's childhood ('I am the Peepo! baby.'), EACH PEACH PEAR PLUM and THE BABY'S CATALOGUE. These books have all become children's classics, with their 'rhythmic prose, their mix of dottiness and sentiment appealing both to young children and to the parents who read them aloud' (Louette Harding, The Daily Mail).
Working together, they saw their books as more than simply the combination of words and pictures - rather, a whole package which worked as a unity: 'the tale is not in the typescript or in the pictures but in a way the two go together, a marriage of words and pictures'. Striving for perfection, their main aim was 'to produce William Morris books at Penguin prices.'
Allan's writing took less time than Janet's illustration, so he also collaborated with other illustrators, such as Fritz Wegner, Andre Amstutz, Colin McNaughton, Faith Jaques, Joe Wright and Emma Chichester Clarke, thus creating the bestselling Happy Families series, which have been called 'miniature masterpieces'. The series has sold in excess of 2.6 million copies since its launch in 1980.
1980 also saw the birth of their daughter, Jessica who was a great inspiration to their work.
Allan also went on to write a range of fiction titles for older children, including WOOF!, THE BEAR NOBODY WANTED, THE GIANT BABY and THE BETTER BROWN STORIES. He is also much loved by teachers throughout the country for his two phenomenally successful poetry collections, HEARD IT IN THE PLAYGROUND and PLEASE, MRS BUTLER, which look at the funny side of life at school.
Since Janet's sadly premature death in 1994, Allan has continued to work, recently producing his beautiful tribute to her, JANET'S LAST BOOK, and continues to create wonderful books for children of all ages.
In April 1998, Allan moved to London.
For more information, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Ah...
Tags: download, janet ahlberg, ebook, pdf, yum yum (a slot book)
- Yum Yum (A Slot book) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Book Ideas In Seconds (How to Write a Book and Sell It Series Book 1) (Janet Ahlberg)
- SEAL TEAM SIX NO MORE 2-BOOK COMBO PACK (BOOK 1 & BOOK 2) (Janet Ahlberg)
- "Why Study?"- Early Children's Education Book+e-Video,(Preschool picture book) Bedtime Dreaming Children's Book (Preschool picture book) Bedtime Dreaming Children's Book (Good night Children's Story eBook Collection).: ... Motivated children'sbo (Janet Ahlberg)
- Buzzy's Feet. Bedtime Stories Book For Children's+E-Video for ages 3-9 (e-book About Duckling)Good night & Bedtime Children's Story e-book Collection. (Janet Ahlberg)
- Cass and the Crooked Gate (a Bundy Street Adventure book Book 1) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Farmer Grover (A Golden Shape Book) A Sesame Street Book (Janet Ahlberg)
- 3-STEP E-Book Ranking System (Kindle Book Supercharger 2014) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Miles Away from the Nearest Road (Book 4) (Book 4) (The Adventures of Jesus Christ) (Janet Ahlberg)
- The Ladies (Dick Torture the Book: Bitches and Buttholes, a Collection Book 1) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Book Fair and Foul (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #4) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Diary of a Wimpy Steve series (Book 4) (An Unofficial Minecraft Book) (Janet Ahlberg)
- The Winged Serpent (Interracial BWWM Historical Romance) (An Order of the Oath Book Book 1) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Julia Jones - A Horse Named Bella, Book 2 - Friendship Frenzy - a Book for Girls age 9 - 12 (Janet Ahlberg)
- Stuck Truck (Book 7 (Book 7: ck) (Phonics Reading Program: Nick Jr. Dora the Explorer, Pack 2) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Touched By The Dragon Lord (Book two) (Book two)(Braving Darkness, #5) (Janet Ahlberg)
- The Rodale Herb Book (An Organic gardening and farming book) (Janet Ahlberg)
- International Express. Intermediate. Students Book. With Pocket Book (Janet Ahlberg)
- The Complete Book of Perfect Phrases Book for Effective Managers (Janet Ahlberg)
- Essential English for foreign students Book 2 Teacher's book (Janet Ahlberg)
- All-Star - Book 1 (Beginning) - Student Book W/ Audio Highlights (Janet Ahlberg)
- Big Book Awakening for use with Alcoholics Anonymous Fourth Edition Big Book (Janet Ahlberg)
- Classical Music, Book 3 (Adult Piano Series) (Book III) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Emily Gravett's Little Book Day Parade (World Book Day 2014) (Janet Ahlberg)
- Why Relationships Fail The Causes and the Cures Book # 2 of 20 It's All About Trust Book # 3 of 20 I Love Me (Janet Ahlberg)
- The Angel in the House; Book I, the Betrothal, Book II, the Espousals Volume 1 (Janet Ahlberg)
- Formula One Maths Practice Book Series Book A1 (Janet Ahlberg)
- Moonbeak and Jacob Adventure Book 3 (Children's Book Age 3 to 8) (Janet Ahlberg)
- A Picture Book of Eleanor Roosevelt [With Paperback Book] (Janet Ahlberg)
- Teach Yourself Business Spanish Culture Book [With 3 CDs and Book] (Janet Ahlberg)
Download from partner sites
|yum_yum_a_slot_book.pdf||3.2 Mb||Download PDF|
|yum_yum_a_slot_book.zip||2.88 Mb||Download ZIP|
|yum_yum_a_slot_book.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|