Globally recognized entrepreneur, founder of Taproot Foundation and CEO of Imperative, Aaron Hurst, argues in his latest book that while these developments seem unrelated at first, taken together they reveal a powerful pattern that points to purpose as the new driver of the American economy.
Like the Information Economy, which has driven innovation and economic growth until now, Hurst argues that our new economic era is driven by connecting people to their purpose. It's an economy where value lies in establishing purpose for employees and customers through serving needs greater than their own, enabling personal growth and building community. Based on interviews with thousands of entrepreneurs, Hurst shows this new era is already fueling demand for a whole host of products and services and transforming how millennials view their careers. A new breed of startups like Etsy, Zaarly, Tough Mudder, Kickstarter, and Airbnb are finding new ways to create value by connecting us with our local communities. At the same time, companies like Tesla and Whole Foods are making the march from just appealing to affluent buyers to becoming mainstream brands. Hurst calls these companies, along with the pioneering entrepreneurs who founded them, the Purpose Economy's taste-makers.
This book is at once a personal memoir of Aaron Hurst s own awakening as a purpose driven entrepreneur, when he left a well-paying tech job in 2001 to launch Taproot, creating a pathway for millions of professionals and Fortune 500 companies to volunteer for nonprofits.It's also a blueprint for a new economic era that is transforming companies, markets and our careers to better serve people and the world.
How did the Information Economy emerge and what does it tell us about what is next?
PURPOSE AT WORK
What have researchers in the last decade uncovered about what really creates purpose at work and how any job can generate purpose?
CAPTAINS OF PURPOSE
What are the keys to building and growing a successful organization in this new economy?
MOVING PURPOSE MARKETS
What do electric cars, organic food, same sex marriage and pro bono service have in
Tags: download, aaron hurst, ebook, pdf, the purpose economy, how your desire for impact, personal growth and community is changing the world
- The Purpose Economy, How Your Desire for Impact, Personal Growth and Community is Changing the World (Aaron Hurst)
- National Purpose in the World Economy (Aaron Hurst)
- Us Trade Policies in a Changing World Economy (Aaron Hurst)
- The Early Growth of European Economy (World Economic History) (Aaron Hurst)
- Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy (Aaron Hurst)
- Pathway To Purpose For Women Personal Journal (Aaron Hurst)
- Talking with Patients about the Personal Impact of Illness (Aaron Hurst)
- Pathways to Personal Growth (Aaron Hurst)
- The Impact of Economic Policy and the New Economy on UK Trade Performance (Aaron Hurst)
- Impact of Changing Consumer Lifestyles on the Emergence/Reemergence of Foodborne Pathogens (Aaron Hurst)
- Balancing Leadership and Personal Growth (Aaron Hurst)
- The Political Economy of Growth (Aaron Hurst)
- The Theory of Growth in a Corporate Economy (Aaron Hurst)
- The Political Economy of Poverty, Equity, and Growth (Aaron Hurst)
- Changing Ideas in a Changing World (Aaron Hurst)
- The Political Economy of Economic Growth in Africa, 1960-2000, Volume 1 (Aaron Hurst)
- America's Impact On The World (Aaron Hurst)
- The Disintegration of the World Economy Between the World Wars (Aaron Hurst)
- Changing European Employment and Welfare Regimes. Routledge/Eui Studies in the Political Economy of the Welfare State. (Aaron Hurst)
- The Sixth Extinction the Impact of the Living World on Human Life (Aaron Hurst)
- Changing the World (Aaron Hurst)
- The World Economy Between the World Wars (Aaron Hurst)
- Equity and Growth in a Globalizing World (Aaron Hurst)
- Sex Worker - Impact Model - Version 3.0, December 1999 - A Tool to Estimate the Impact of Interventions Working with Sex Workers and Their Clients (Aaron Hurst)
- Insight For Impact (Making Maximum Impact Book 3) (Aaron Hurst)
- The Changing World of Banking (Aaron Hurst)
- Conservation in a Changing World (Aaron Hurst)
- The Business of Changing the World (Aaron Hurst)
- The Changing World of Work (Aaron Hurst)
- Visions of Community in Pre Modern World (Aaron Hurst)
Download from partner sites
|the_purpose_economy_how_your_desire_for_impact.pdf||5.8 Mb||Download PDF|
|the_purpose_economy_how_your_desire_for_impact.zip||5.22 Mb||Download ZIP|
|the_purpose_economy_how_your_desire_for_impact.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|