Paranormal Romance- March 30th, 2010
Star Raiders is Elysa Hendrick’s 2nd futuristic romance and is loosely based in the same world as her first book Star Crash. However, in Star Raiders most of the story occurs on a space ship. I loved the feeling of being in space and this book is sure to be a favorite for futuristic fans because even though it is set in space the story feels genuine and I immediately felt the attraction between the 2 main characters.
Shy Kendar was an innocent until she discovered the man she loved was actually under cover on a personal mission to arrest her father. Shy unknowingly betrayed her father and since that time has been unable to visit him since his capture. Even
though Shy was unaware of her father's activities as a smuggler she is unwilling to forgive her naiveté and misguided trust in a heartless man. On the run and on her own, Shy becomes fearless and independent. But it is the secrets she hides that could be her downfall.
It is 10 years later and Shy is now a smuggler herself.She has her own moral code that includes helping the underprivileged. Although she does break the law she is
careful to stay under the law’s radar. Most of her smuggling includes helping poor planets or saving slaves from being sold to unscrupulous buyers. Now her old lover has returned and has the audacity to ask for her help after ruining her life. His
bargaining chip, pardons for her and the rest of her crew.
Grayson Dane has changed since he first met Shy and his views are no longer black and white. He realizes now that Shy did not have any involvement in her father's activates and as a result has become close to her father. Through his job at Earth League’s Anti-smuggling/Piracy he has tried to use his resources to shield Shy’s activities from authorities. But now there is a bounty on her head and she is accused of terrible deeds he knows she couldn't be responsible for. Torn between his lost love and duty, Grayson decides he must find a way to prove her innocence. But first he must convince Shy to help him find the real culprit.
The first thing I loved about this book was how the author set most of the story on a spaceship. I really felt the characters were in space; their travels and battles were amazing to read. I also enjoyed how the author created new species of crewmates
on Shy’s ship and I can’t wait for them to have their own stories?! (I would particularly like to discover more about Bear and Silky’s past.) But best of all I liked how the 2 main characters had a history together, it definitely notched up the tension between them. It made them feel more interesting and intriguing to read. I also enjoyed some cool plot twists that will definitely surprise readers.
However, readers who have read her first book will soon discover that this story does not have the angst of her first book. And what I found surprising about the Star Raiders story is how quickly the 2 main characters got ‘together' after the
initial animosity on Shy’s part. Comparing this book to her prior futuristic novel I feel that this romance is more mainstream and I think any futuristic fan will find
it a guaranteed exciting read.
Reviewed by Steph from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club
Tags: download, elysa hendricks, ebook, pdf, star raiders
- Star Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Star Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders of the Red Dot (Elysa Hendricks)
- The Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders' Ransom (Raiders' Ransom, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Desert Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders Forever (Elysa Hendricks)
- Sky Raiders (Five Kingdoms, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders Night (Elysa Hendricks)
- Viking Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Rift Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Beware Raiders! (Elysa Hendricks)
- Raiders of Blue Dome (Elysa Hendricks)
- The Raiders (Duncan & Mallory, #3) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Doolittle's Tokyo Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- The Eye of Odin (The Raiders of Folklore, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- The Slayer (Time Raiders #2) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Digging In (Trench Raiders Book 2) (Elysa Hendricks)
- The Eye of Odin (The Raiders of Folklore Book 1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Shadow Raiders (Dragon Brigade, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Tom Flores' Tales from the Oakland Raiders (Elysa Hendricks)
- Tales from the Oakland Raiders Sideline (Elysa Hendricks)
- Flood and Fire (Raiders' Ransom, #2) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Crystal Raiders of Barsaive (Earthdawn 6116) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Star Trek Star Fleet Technical Manual TM (Elysa Hendricks)
- Dark Star (Rock Star Chronicles, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
- From star to star, a story of Krakow in 1493 (Elysa Hendricks)
- Star Light, Star Bright (Sedikhan, #13) (Elysa Hendricks)
- Star Hunt (Star Wolf, #1) (Elysa Hendricks)
Download from partner sites
|star_raiders.pdf||2.3 Mb||Download PDF|
|star_raiders.zip||2.07 Mb||Download ZIP|
|star_raiders.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|