Running is one of the healthiest, cheapest and most accessible hobbies around. It does bring with it, however, several challenges that many who begin running may not have thought about before embarking upon their training regime.
With years of first-hand running experience, and having trained athletes of all distances and abilities for over 15 years, Momentum Sports has aimed to give you advice on all aspects of your new sport. Throughout 'Learn to Run' you will find friendly, practical advice on many different subjects, including:
What sessions to do on your first week.
How to create a training plan that will progress your running gradually and sustainably.
How to warm up effectively to minimise risk of injury.
Drills that will help your flexibility and speed.
What clothing to buy and what to avoid.
How to cope with injuries.
What professional advice you may want to seek.
'Richard Holt and Chris Hall bring over 50 years of running experience and coaching to their book, 'A Common Sense Beginner's Guide to Running'. And it shows. The book fits a niche in the instructional running book market as it is aimed at the newbie rather than the more experienced runner. It's designed to take the budding runner through all the steps needed to make them a runner. These steps include equipment and shoe choice, whether to compete and if so what's available, running technique, types of running workouts and relevant strength training, how to avoid injury, how to progress training and how to fuel your running.
A Common Sense Beginner's Guide to Running is a very extensive book for its target audience and is written in a clear, concise and non-overly technical style. There are illustrations and photos to assist understanding. All-in-all this book will be the 'friend' that supports the fledgling runner on their path to becoming a runner.'
"John Shepherd, editor of ultra-FIT magazine and the author of seven books on sports and fitness and coach to international athletes."
'As an international athlete, I know the importance of approaching my training in the correct way. This book provides the beginner runner with all they need to do this and the more experienced runner a checklist; thus those of all abilities can be sure that they have all they need in place to get the most out of our fabulous sport. Richard and Chris bring their expertise as coaches and experience as accomplished runners to the reader on every page.'
"Lucy Macalister, British International Marathon Runner"
Want to Purchase this Book Wholesale?
This book can be purchased wholesale by retailers and academic institutions within the USA. To become eligible you'll need to sign up online for a Createspace Direct Resellers account first. The Recommended Retail Price is $19.99."
Tags: download, richard holt, ebook, pdf, learn to run
- Learn Italian - Level 1 (Enhanced Version): Lessons 1-25 with Audio (Innovative Language Series - Learn Italian from Absolute Beginner to Advanced) (Richard Holt)
- Play and Learn Spanish (Book + Audio CD) (Book + Audio CD): Over 50 Fun songs, games and everdyday activities to get started in Spanish (Play and Learn Language) (Richard Holt)
- The Right to Learn (Richard Holt)
- Look-and-learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn to Run (Richard Holt)
- So Much to Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn To Sew (Richard Holt)
- The Right to Learn (Richard Holt)
- We Never Learn (Richard Holt)
- 'I Won't Learn from You' (Richard Holt)
- Ready-Set-Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn All About Soccer (Richard Holt)
- Turn to Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn to Crochet Kit (Richard Holt)
- Learn Java Now, with CD-ROM (Richard Holt)
- Abc Slide & Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn to Tie a Tie with the Rabbit and the Fox (Richard Holt)
- Let's Learn About...Horses! (Richard Holt)
- Learn Your Shapes (Richard Holt)
- Learn to succeed (Richard Holt)
- Let's Learn Manners (Richard Holt)
- How People Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn Japanese (Richard Holt)
- Playing to Learn (Richard Holt)
- Freedom to Learn (Richard Holt)
- Learn From the Grandmasters (Richard Holt)
- Learn Confidence (Richard Holt)
- Learn to Meditate (Richard Holt)
- Learn C The Hard Way (Richard Holt)
- Learn Every Day About Colors (Richard Holt)
Download from partner sites
|learn_to_run.pdf||7.1 Mb||Download PDF|
|learn_to_run.zip||3.55 Mb||Download ZIP|
|learn_to_run.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|