Born in Romford, Essex, Nicholson attended the University of Leicester and is one of the world's most decorated and longest serving British television correspondents. Nicholson joined ITV in 1964 and over the ensuing forty years he reported from 18 war zones: Biafra, Israel, Vietnam, Cambodia, Congo, Cyprus, Afghanistan, Rwanda, Rhodesia/Zimbabwe, Indo-Pakistan, Northern Ireland, Falklands, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, the Gulf Wars, 'Desert Storm' 1991 and 'Shock and Awe,' Baghdad 2003.
During the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in July 1974, Nicholson's car broke down just as Turkish paratroopers were landing over his head onto the island . Nicholson walked up to the first of them and greeted them with 'I'm Michael Nicholson. Welcome to Cyprus'. His film was flown back to London on an RAF plane and made the Evening News the next day. A world scoop.
Nicholson was ITN’s first bureau chief in South Africa, based in Johannesburg from 1976 to 1981 and the first television correspondent to be allowed to live in apartheid South Africa, a brief covering Africa from Cape Town to the Sahara. During this time Nicholson covered the Soweto riots, spent much time in UDI Rhodesia covering the war of independence and was the first foreign journalist to interview Robert Mugabe on his release from prison.
In 1978 he and his cameraman Tom Phillips and sound recordist Micky Doyle, were in Angola to interview the UNITA leader Jonas Savimbi. Pursued by Cuban mercaneries working for the communist MPLA government, they were trapped and spent for four and a half months in the bush, walking a total of 1,500 miles, trying to escape. They were eventually airlifted out in a dramatic escape.
In 1981 he returned to England, motoring overland through Africa and Europe with his wife Diana and two small sons, Tom and William, a six month journey of some twelve thousand miles, recorded in the book 'Across the Limpopo'.
Nicholson was on holiday in the Lake District when the Falklands War began. Flown by a chartered aircraft to Southampton he boarded the aircraft carrier 'HMS Hermes' for the six week journey to the South Atlantic. At 45 years old, Nicholson was more experienced than all his journalistic colleagues: "But this was the first war, other than Northern Ireland, where I was among my own people. It made it a very special war and the Falklands a very special place." Nicholson and BBC journalist Brian Hanrahan (on his first major foreign story)were regularly flown over to the Royal Fleet auxiliary ships to broadcast their phoned reports, as broadcasting from Royal Navy ships was forbidden. After the conflict, Nicholson was awarded the South Atlantic Medal
Tags: download, michael nicholson, ebook, pdf, the scientific analysis of social behaviour
- The Scientific Analysis of Social Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Social Capital, Corporate Social Responsibility, Economic Behaviour and Performance (Michael Nicholson)
- Organisational Behaviour and Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- Video Modelling and Behaviour Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- Pro- And Anti-Social Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Social-Scientific Old Testament Criticism (Michael Nicholson)
- Social Change and Scientific Organization (Michael Nicholson)
- Handbook of Numerical Analysis, Volume 7 (Part 3), Techniques of Scientific Computing (Part 3) (Michael Nicholson)
- Social Impact Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- What is Social Network Analysis? (Michael Nicholson)
- Social Network Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- Computational Social Network Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- The Quantitative Analysis Of Social Representations (Michael Nicholson)
- The Quantitative Analysis of Social Problems (Michael Nicholson)
- The Social Analysis of Class Structure (Michael Nicholson)
- Models and Methods in Social Network Analysis (Michael Nicholson)
- Exploratory Analysis in Dynamic Social Networks (Michael Nicholson)
- Policy Analysis of Social Security Reform, an Issue of National Importance (Michael Nicholson)
- Introductory Mathematical Analysis for Business, Economics, And the Life And Social Sciences (Michael Nicholson)
- Linus Pauling - Selected Scientific Papers, Volume 1 (World Scientific Series in 20th Century Chemistry, Volume 10) (Michael Nicholson)
- Intro Math Analysis for Business, Economics, and the Life and Social Sciences, Books a la Carte Edition (Michael Nicholson)
- Managing Problem Behaviour in Children using Auricular Candle Therapy (Step by step guide to managing problem behaviour in children Book 9) (Michael Nicholson)
- New Developments in Classification and Data Analysis (CLADAG) of the Italian ... Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization) (Michael Nicholson)
- Security Analysis, Part VII - Additional Aspects of Security Analysis. Discrepancies Between Price and Value (Michael Nicholson)
- Bad Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Best Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Organizational Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Organisational Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Animal Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
- Organizational Behaviour (Michael Nicholson)
Download from partner sites
|the_scientific_analysis_of_social_behaviour.pdf||3.5 Mb||Download PDF|
|the_scientific_analysis_of_social_behaviour.zip||1.75 Mb||Download ZIP|
|the_scientific_analysis_of_social_behaviour.torrent||0.18 Mb||Download from Torrent|